2015/03/05

Lost Coast Designs Monthly Challenge - Use Some Red

Some fun news to share with you all. Last month I got contacted by Linda from Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Varanda, if I wanted to join the Design Team. Even though I am busy as can be with working 2 jobs, I could not refuse this wonderful opportunity to use and get inspired by rubber stamps all over again. So I am proud to announce I am part of the LCD Design Team in company of some great artists :) 

In lieu of this I wanted to share an ATC piece I made a while ago, using the dress form stamps and measuring tape ATC back ground stamp. 
Which also complies with this month's team challenge Use Some Red :)
the dress maker ATC

My work process for this piece: 

I get inspired from images and stuff I collect that sits on my messy desk for a while. Like the pink vintage dress maker print you see on the back, is from an envelope I saved. It's made with ranger stuff mostly, distress ink, embossing powder, perfect pearls. collage papers are from basic grey I think, epoxy buttons sticker I got locally (non brand from blokker).

First I made the back ground, with collage papers, then stamped with red brick distress ink the measurement tape stamp around the sides, without using too much ink. The the Dressmaker stamp with versamark on front, red brick embossing powder and heat tool to set. Then stamped with versamark ink again but on the upper right side & lightly added perfect pearl red rust to give it dimension, The measurement tape on top is made from kraft paper which I distressed and sprayed glimmer mist over in mostly green colors. Then I stamped it with a measurement stamp (with red staz on), cut the desired length and twirled it on the card until it looked satisfying then glued it in place. Then added the epoxy buttons to finish.

I hope this got you inspired to get crafting and Use Some Red for this Month's LCD Challenge :)

2 comments:

  1. A gorgeous ATC, especially love how you used the measuring tape. Congratulations on the new design teams x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous ATC, so rich with detail! Congrats on joining our LCD DT!!!! Thanks for playing with us in this month's LCD Challenge!
    Leigh - LCD/CV DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.