2016/01/12

A tribute to Ziggy Stardust

Yesterday, for me, was one of the bluest monday's ever. By now I think the whole world knows and feels the loss of a very influential and talented person. Needles to say, I loved his music and the Labyrinth was one of my fave childhood movies. As a process of working through this loss, I have carved a stamp in his image as tribute/hommage to him. I've not felt the need to carve a stamp in well over a year, but this just came to me as a 'must do' and I when I did, I felt a sense of calm. Making something is my way of processing grief.

Processing grief #ripdavidbowie #ziggystardust #handcarvedstamps #handcarvedstamp #davidbowie #stampcarving #rubberstamps #mailartists #rubberstampart #tribute

This image was shared most on response to his death. And thought it was most fitting for the tribute stamp.

Such a sad, sad day.  R.I.P. David Bowie

Final print in my test journal. I carved it on speedy carve using speedy carve lino tools. Ink used is versa mark eggplant. Colored in with pro-color markers.

Journal entry from last night. Hand carved stamp and Lyrics written with waterman 52 and Dandy Turquoise #mondaymatchup #mondaymatchupgiveaway #gouletpens @gouletpens

In my journal with Lyrics of Moonage Daydream, one of my fave songs. Pen and ink combo is Waterman 52 red ripple with Montblanc Dandy Turquoise.

Thank you for the legacy you leave behind, David Bowie. 
You will be forever remembered and cherished.

namasté

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.