2016/02/12

Art Journal - Walk the Moon

There is something wonderful about discovering new music. Melodies and lyrics that are new and unfamiliar taking up space in your head and then be part of your heart. I virtually know all the songs of Walk the Moon by heart now and to get them out of my head (because having the same song stuck on repeat in your head for days on end can be somewhat annoying!) I have made a few pages in my art journal dedicated to one of my fave songs Anna Sun.

Anna Sun Art journal pages

I wrote lyrics with my waterman 52 fountain pen inked with Montblanc Dandy Turquoise on Muji dot gritted paper (which holds up ink really nicely) as the background for these pages. I got a wet wipe and wiped the excess ink off the writing and made the pages a light blue color. Then I used Cornish Petal stencil from StencilsGirl with Amsterdam paint (mixed some red with yellow and copper to get a shiny orange) to create some sun rays. I let it dry really well and then glued the pages in my art journal. I wrote the lyrics down on the right with a fine steadtler fine liner and stamped a line from the song bigger and accentuated with a black marker. On the left I used one of Lost Coast Designs newest release stamps, Franco Face to capture the look of having a song stuck in your head.

Anna Sun Art journal pages

I stamped it on vellum see though paper so that the design on the back can be seen through. I used Staz-on Jet black for this and the steadtler fineliner to hand letter the lyrics of the song in the open spaces.
The paper I used for the back ground was slightly smaller than the pages in the journal and I don't like the empty white lines under it. Easily fixed with back ground color matching masking tape. I also added a small gold line of masking tape and wrote more lyrics on them. To bring the piece together I stamped a moth stamp by paper artsy hot picks with Staz-On Teal blue (I really need a re-inker for this one!) randomly on the pages.

 I obviously really needed to get this song unstuck out of my head!
And you know what, when I was done with these pages, it really worked! Keeping an art journal is definitely a meditative process :)

Lately I have been having "walk the moon" songs in my head. And this stamp from Lost Coast Designs is such a fun one. Getting the words out of my head and onto paper before going to bed. #creativeminds #artjournalmt #artjournal #walkthemoon #songs #rubber

So I also used this stamp in my daily writing journal which has a space to create something on top of the left page. And just hand lettered in all the songs by Walk the Moon because I was very excited to go to their upcoming concert at the Melkweg in Amsterdam (they first would play in november last year, but that got cancelled due to the attacks in France and military state Brussels was in back then... scary times!) I'm glad they rescheduled and the gig will be on feb. 16th. My sweetie is taking me there and I can't wait to hear them play live! If you wanna see them play live as well, they have a few dates in Europe in February & March.

I'll leave you with another one of their catchy songs Shut Up and Dance!



Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

namasté 


2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.