2016/03/21

Mailart Monday - A Loving Kiss & Love Letters

A loving Kiss


The theme for the february ATC swap at Inkadinkadutchies facebook group was love. This is what I made for the swap. I used Carmen's Veranda's Klimt Kiss rubber stamp. The background stamp is a heart which I carved myself. First I stamped the Kiss with versamark and then embossed it with gold embossing powder. I made a mask and covered the image and stamped the back ground with Staz-On Cherry Red. Then I colored it in by using fountain pen ink and a kuratake brush pen (sailor apricot for the image and pilot red for the back ground). When that was dry I used my Letraset promarkers to color in the details of the image. I cut a heart out of a round sticker and placed that under the woman's face. To accompany this ATC I made a card.

A loving Kiss - Love Letters
I used the same coloring method and masking technique for the Klimt image. The background image is also from Carmen's Veranda (postcards) and I stamped it with Versafine Vintage Sepia. I just love the contrast between the colorful image and the sepia background color. I stamped the phrase 'love letters' with a typewriter alphabet font on sticker paper with Staz-On Cherry black (some letters with Staz-On black) and placed it below the image. I adhered the whole piece to an A5 sized note card to finish it off. 

I received this wonderful ATC from Grytsje
 
 
Our next ATC swap at Inkadinkadutchies is "Let's Party" and you can sign up by joining the events page. You can use any stamps from Lost Coast Designs and/or Carmen's Veranda in your project (a minimal of one). If you live in the EU you can order them through Inkadinkadutchies webshop, if there are stamps not on the site they can be special ordered for you. Just use their contact form

Hope you'll join us at the next swap :)

Thanks for stopping by!
namasté  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.