2016/04/04

Mailart Monday - the best beer for a boss mountaineer

Some beers we tried last night and arranged in the order of preference. #specialitybeers #beer #ragingbitchipa #punkdogipa #paleale #albertheijn #smalltownbrewery

It's no secret, I like a good beer once in a while. The above beers were tried and tested, and from left to right arranged in my personal preference. 

The labels are works of art and I did my best to take it off the bottle to use for my mail art. And when this Mail Art swap "put a beer label on it" was being hosted by Tina at one of my fave Mail Art groups on swapbot, SMA, I had to get on it!

Mail Art 016-2016

This is the collage I made for the swap. The background is a 'dirty page' aka a test page which I have on my desk for excess paints etc. I used spray paints to cover the white that was left on the page and the background was set. The Poleeko Pale Ale label was perfect for what I had in mind. The "mustache man" is from a vintage magazine and sorta looks like a Mountaineer. And he has quite a boss mustache really. With some fun font stamps I stamped the text "the best beer for a boss mountaineer" on it, covered the edges with map masking tape and covered it with matte modge podge. I'm glad this postcard was well received by Mandy :)

For this swap, I received a card made by the host herself and I loved it!

Put a beer label on it (1)

What a fun and quirky label she used! Thanks again Tina :) 

A few weeks ago I blogged about other mail art groups you can join on Swap-Bot if you want to be prompted to make themed mail art. That post also has info on how you can join Swap-Bot if you are not a member yet.

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful week!

namasté

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.