2016/07/11

Mailart Monday: Transparency Layers

mail art

Above is a shot of my recent sent mail art. The PC on the bottom is a postcard I made for the Transparency Layers Mail Art swap over at Super Mail Artists group on Swap-Bot. I like swaps like these, that challenge me to work outside my comfort zone and see what I can come up with. Let's take a closer look at it.

The idea of the swap was to have 3 transparent layers overlapping and ideally telling a story. I hardly ever use transparencies in my work, so this was definitely a fun challenge. The base is 1/4 of an A4 on which i used acrylic paints on, which I mounted on card stock. I added mesh, a strip of gelli print on tracing paper, rubber stamps, the fountain pen image from a Montblanc catalog and then came the transparencies. The Edgar Allen Poe image from Carmen's Veranda was stamped, as well as the word Daily and the hand holding the paper, on a transparency sheet and cut out and glued on with permanent glue strip roller from Pritt. The sheet on the left side with all the words came in last. I love the black and white contrast of the transparency layers used and the way the bright colors shines through them. I continued with the transparency theme on the back.

mail art
And added a pocket for a letter to my partner and included some fun confetti rounds for some cheerful color. I secured the pocket with glue on the back and masking tape around it. 

mail art
Then I inserted everything into a see through cellophane bag as an "envelope" to add an extra layer over the back with stickers and writing. Transparency layered to the max!! I was happy to hear my partner enjoyed receiving this in the mail!

Since this was such a fun thing to do, I might incorporate this to other pieces in my mail art as well :) 

Hope this inspired you to work with transparencies in your own work :) 
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

namasté

1 comment:

  1. Lijkt me echt niet makkelijk om met een idee hiervoor te komen...mooi gedaan! Dat brengt vast en zeker een glimlach en een zonnetje in het huis van de ontvanger! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.