2017/01/23

MailART Monday: Winter Elf

Winter Elf Mail Art

On this week's Mail Art Monday I have a fun little project to share with you. I am continuing with my envelopes this week and created a "Winter Elf" mail art envelope you see above using stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps! and a blue winter color scheme only. The color scheme was inspired by this color challenge on the Leuke Stempels blog to use the colors inspired from the picture below.


And products sold at their shop only. So a nice combination of wintery blues and greys. The use of black and white were also allowed. Well you know I like a good challenge so I went for it. I'm quite pleased with the results. Sadly I haven't got any process pictures for this one, though. But below are a couple of detailed pictures for you instead.

Winter Elf Mail Art

I stared off with wiping off some excess modeling paste from a Carabelle Studio's stencil with a baby wipe to get that subtle polka dot print on the back. Next I used distress inks (tumbled glass, faded jeans and chipped sapphire) and a blending tool to color the envelope, using the darkest tone as last to frame the envelope. The dots resisted the ink at some parts nicely. and others parts it seeped through. Gives a nice playful effect. Next I took distress paint faded jeans and my brayer to stamp on the branches of the tree in the lighter grey blue color. Then used distress paint Blueprint for the darker blue branches.  This cute little forest Critter designed by Lesley Wood for VLVS! is the focal point. She was stamped on sticker paper and colored in with water soluble markers and fussy cut. I stamped some hearts underneath her first and colored those in as well. The hill she is standing on is made with a distress crayon (also in chipped sapphire) and highlighted with a white gel pen. The "Mail Art" stamp comes from plate 1477.

Winter Elf Mail Art
On the top right I used the Whimsical Postage Stamp op the top right corner and drew in a scalloped border with a black fine liner and then white gel pen over it. The little airmail stamp is of course needed for mail art and thought the "she spread her wings" sentiment would also be appropriate. Lastly I outlined the whole envelope with distress crayon shipped sapphire, sealed it with a fixative spray and called it done.

Winter Elf Mail Art
This is definitely my fave part of the envelope as I love how the hearts come from underneath her wings :) 

Stamps from VLVS! used:
Forest Critter by Leslie Wood 

Others:
Carabelle Studio rounds stencil
Crafter's workshop light and fluffy modeling paste
Distress inks (tumbled glass, faded jeans, chipped sapphire)
Distress paints (faded jeans, chipped sapphire)
Tombow markers
Distress crayon in chipped sapphire 
Faber Castell Artist Pitt fine liner
Uniball white gelpen

For more mail art inspiration check out VLVS! blog for their mail art monday posts as well. And I hope to see you again here next week for another installment of my own Mail Art Monday posts here :) 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!




1 comment:

  1. Superleuk zo helemaal in het blauw! Op de een of andere manier vind ik dit haar ondeugendheid onderstrepen :)! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.