2017/08/30

WIP: More watercolor play

Drawriot's bee contest

Last night I had a bit of a play with my now complete travel kit watercolor palette! It's filled with some traditional new old stock Schminke, Pfeiffer Arts Watercolors (gifted to me by a lovely friend) and Cloves and Honey Shimmering watercolors and I am loving this palette. It is a joy to use them and I do love the Princeton brush to work with so I might just tuck it in my pen pouch as an add on to my traveling kuretake water brush which is also coming with me.


Drawriot's bee contest
The bee I colored in is part of a contest organized by Tori Weyers at Drawriot and she shared her lovely bee drawing with us and if you color it in and repost in Instagram, you´re in the running to win a 1/2 pan of Portland Pink Shimmering watercolor by Cloves and Honey. They are partnering up for this amazing City and Sea class and if I didn't have so much else going on, I would have signed up. But I do desire the Portland pink color so much, and this little bee is so cute I decided to have a go and join the fun contest. 

But gosh it was a pain to have it printed on watercolor paper though! My printer just wouldn't have it but in the end, it did work out! Also I am pleased to see that my inkjet printer ink seemed to be water and smudge proof! Hurrah for that test coming through well!

Talking about giveaways, if you haven't seen it, I am also hosting a giveaway and added a lot of my fave goodies to share, including one of the watercolor pans from Cloves and Honey, which was an exclusive in one of her sets. This giveaway package is an accumulation of stuff I have set aside over the year and it turned out it was nearly a 1,5 kg box full of stuff! Time to actually give it away to someone!! I have met so many wonderful creative people in my creative journey and this is just a small way to say thank you to everyone whom have been so supportive an encouraging. So hop on over to that post if you are interested in entering it. 

Sharing this desk shot with my friends over at Julia's Blog for WOYWW this week. Finally another artsy desk shot to share. Share yours if you would like to join in the conversation and fun with other wonderful creative people. 

Thank you for stopping by and have an awesome day!


12 comments:

  1. Love your bee. Must look out the post to which you referred for this. Also very taken with your palette - great travel companion. I have a bought one, yet to be tried out. Maybe I should try it at home before I take it away with me - just in case!
    Hugs, Neet 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colouring Cheetarah. Gorgeous colours. Like how you are adding to your travel kit after try outs of stuff. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #3 XxX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheetarah. Lovely coloured piece there. Well done.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheetarah - what a splendid looking bee! I'm with Neet - that is an interesting palette you're using for this project.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Rose of Rose's Art Garden #31

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your art is Beautiful love the colors of the bee... May #10

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love watercolors! love you palate!
    robyn 7

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bee and love the watercolours too. Have a great crafty week and happy woyww, Angela x11x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic with watercolours the painting !!
    greetings Elke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zo mooi zacht en fleurig! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your be is beautiful, I love the colours you chose! Have a great week, thanks for sharing! Lindart #35

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours you've used to paint your Bee. Did you make up your travel kit or buy it ready made? It looks superb.
    Christine #15

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.