2018/01/25

Someone has to clap when I go by

watercolor fairy

It's been a busy week and I have been trying to fit in some creative time in between studies, work and other responsibilities. I do often grab for my WaterColoringBook when I want some color therapy and this is one of the pages I made recently.

watercolor fairy

The composition is made with stamps from VLVS! and I have used a lot of watercolors from Wanderlust Watercolors by my friend Kata. She does small batch updates and I bought a few LE sets from her last last year and am excited to be finally using them! This is the first layer of color and excuse the lighting, these were taken under the harsh desk light, but you can see some sparkle of one of my fave colors Winter Frost. I mixed it lightly with Cypruss green for outside the bell jar. I really love the shimmer!

These @wanderlustwc watercolors are wonderful 💖 Used Cyprus green, Winter Frost, Samhain, Jot Red, Teal Suede, Paynes Grey and Autumn Gold. Stamps from @vivalasvegastamps __________ #watercolorpainting #watercolorplay #watercolors #moleski
To finish the page I added the text "We all can't be princesses, someone has to clap when I go by." and added some texture with the bubble wrap stamp. I really love how the page turned out and I lve the fact I can'just grab my watercolor pocket book and pocket tins and just color when I really need it. 

Stamps used from VLVS! are: 

Playing along with January's challenge at VLVS! Isn't this mood board just gorgeous? 
And you still have time to join the fun as well :)  

Also entering:

Try it on Tuesday - Fire and Ice (love this theme!!) 



Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


9 comments:

  1. Thanks bunches for sharing your stunning piece with us at Try it on Tuesday this time.
    Love the design, the stamps you have used and the quote ( made me laugh out loud)!
    Lula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday for the >Fire & Ice< challenge! Much appreciated! oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous piece, lovely details and beautiful colours. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful page! I love your magical fairy and those watercolours look amazing with the beautiful shimmer and shine 😁. So pleased you love our Fire and Ice theme, thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zo'n gave stempel vind ik die van het meisje! En zo ziet het er super uit! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great page, love the image of the fairy in the bell jar. The colours look fabulous.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page! The image is lovely and your water colouring is beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great little project. ! Thank you for joining the VLVS challenge this month xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You of course already know from Facebook that I think this is super cute! And I love your tiny tin of watercolors... which I did check out her etsy, but she did not have the Galaxy one when I got on there I did add her to my favorites that maybe something I end up picking up a couple of. Thanks for joining us at Viva las Vegastamps for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read them all and they are very much appreciated ❤

GDPR law EU disclaimer: please be aware that if you leave a comment on any post on this blog that your name and blog link will visible (if you have set it on public) to all who visit this blog.
By publishing the comment, you agree that you publish own personal details on this blog and are in consent of sharing that publicly.